It was a great turnout and the weather was kind. The new memorial garden is dedicated to more than 600 local men who died.
The organisations/people in attendance today were;
– Sehar Sardar, Public Engagement Coordinator for South and West of Scotland, Commonwealth War Graves Commission
– Shelby McCrindle of the NAAFI Club, Girvan
– Local councillors Alec Clark, Peter Henderson and Ian Fitzsimmons
– KOSB veterans from Stranraer KOSB breakfast club, Royal British Legion branch, Maybole
– Wrights home hardware (Shona and Pearl), Jamie Macdonald Sign-writer
– Girvan Town Team and Girvan Football Club
– Local people
Richie and Lorna Conaghan are grateful to the Girvan Men’s Shed members who were involved in creating the garden. These included Pat, Sue, David, Winston.